Created attachment 1163 [details]
Thunderbird view of message
1. A text file of the email as viewed in Claws
2. A png of the email as received in Thunderbird/15.0.1
I installed both the Dillo and Fancy plugins. As what is presented is not html, those plugins are possibly not relevant.
Of all the emails I receive, this is the only one that does not render correctly and I suspect that the data is generated by a calendering system. When I next see the originator I will ask for more details of how he makes the message.
Created attachment 1164 [details]
This is the correct file which should have been attached
This is the correct file which should have been attached.
From the source mail inside the tarball, it contains an "Content-Type: multipart/alternative; boundary=bcaec50160fb86996904caf98773" but no boundaries at all, neither alternate representations.
It could be the calendaring system generating this is pretty broken. But as the mail seems to come through a mailing list, it could also be the list software is stripping the parts it doesn't like.
1. I have spoken to the originator of the "offending" message.
a. It was created in an iPhone
b. Other recipients of his mail have reported similar a display presentation
c. The originator is now sending messages via a different platform
2. I suggest you mark this resolved, (I have set it to RESOLVED, but don't know if I can do that. Will see in a second.)
3. Apologies for the noise, I should have done a bit more research before submitting the bug report.