Steps to reproduce:
1. optionally: begin holding down alt or control
2. start dragging a link at least outside of it's own bounds-box
3. press any key (or release modifier)
4. press escape to cancel the drag
* the dragged link should pop back in place, without further action
* the dragged link pops back in place, but
* claws 'activates' the link in the default web browser
* ...sometimes *TWICE*.
I might guess that claws/fancy is reacting to it's own cancelled drag-and-drop event, but the behavior is a bit weird... especially the double-opening-when-trying-to-cancel effect.
Changes related to this bug have been committed.
Please check latest Git and update the bug accordingly.
You can also get the patch from:
++ ChangeLog 2017-04-22 01:19:02.632313343 +0200
Merge: d9d8a5d ab84747
Author: Colin Leroy <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Date: Sat Apr 22 01:19:02 2017 +0200
Merge branch 'master' of file:///home/git/claws
Author: Andrej Kacian <email@example.com>
Date: Sat Apr 22 01:15:30 2017 +0200
Fancy: simplify open-or-not decision to x,y matching or not
Fixes bug #3814: end of mouse drag or text selection erroneously